Facing up to the fact that you have an addiction is one of the hardest parts of the process of overcoming your addiction. However, whether you have a drug addiction or an alcohol addiction, seeking the right type of treatment to help you get on the road to recovery can be instrumental in helping you through this undoubtedly difficult period.

But, substance abuse programs can be expensive! At Findlay Recovery Center, we work with many different insurance providers to cover most of the cost of the treatment.

Can You Get Substance Abuse Treatment if Unemployed?

Most states support rehabilitation treatments for unemployed people. Clients will typically qualify for assistance with recovery programs by meeting certain criteria, such as a demonstrated lack of income or addiction status, as well as a need for assistance.

To get started, you should contact your state or local mental health or substance abuse service. SAMHSA also publishes a Directory of Single State Agencies (SSA) for Substance Abuse Services to help individuals figure out who to contact.

The Salvation Army is another well-known and accessible treatment center that provides free drug rehabilitation services. The Salvation Army’s rehab programs have provided spiritual, social, and emotional support to persons dealing with drug and alcohol addiction for over a century.

Free drug and alcohol treatment can range from intensive inpatient therapy to simple outpatient medical maintenance, depending on the practitioner and funding sources.

State-funded programs are more likely to provide a wide variety of treatment alternatives. At the same time, they may not have access to the most cutting-edge therapy technologies or treatment center amenities that private programs can provide. Although these state programs are more likely to have more basic or typical recovery settings, they provide effective therapy and significant post-treatment support.

Is COBRA An Option for Funding Substance Abuse Programs?

To be eligible for COBRA, you must have COBRA-covered insurance, have experienced a qualifying event (such as job loss), and be a qualified beneficiary. For example, if you lose your work, your employer will let you know if you can keep your health insurance through COBRA. You’ll have at least 60 days to decide whether or not you want to keep your coverage. You’ll sign up for COBRA once you’ve opted to keep your coverage, and you’ll be responsible for paying the entire payment (what was previously covered by you and your employer).

Once you have signed up for COBRA, you will be covered for the same amount as your previous insurance.

Finding Ohio Treatment Centers That Can Support Your Recovery If You’re Unemployed

There are many treatment options available. The important thing is to remember that there are options available for you to help you become sober. Discuss your situation with the experienced team at Findlay Recovery Center, who are committed to helping you obtain sobriety and learn to live your life without a dependency on substances. 

Our range of treatments includes inpatient recovery and is provided at an affordable rate.

Download this article

Call Now Button