Types Of Non-Traditional Therapy In Addiction Treatment
There are a variety of non-traditional therapies that are being used in addiction treatment programs around the world. These alternative treatments aim to target different aspects of addiction and substance abuse, such as emotional regulation, cognitive functioning, and physical wellness. Some of the most effective types of non-traditional therapy include music therapy, art therapy, equine therapy, and mindfulness meditation. Each of these therapies can help individuals in recovery to develop coping skills, reduce stress and anxiety, and improve overall mental health and wellbeing. Additionally, non-traditional therapies can be great for those who may not respond well to more traditional forms of addiction treatment or who may be looking for a more holistic approach to their recovery.
TYPES OF TREATMENT
Non-Traditional Addiction Treatment
Addiction treatment shouldn’t be one-size-fits-all. What works for one person may not work for someone else. While looking for a treatment facility, find one that offers holistic treatment that addresses your unique mental, physical, and emotional needs.
Addiction treatment itself comes in different forms. There’s the traditional one where you go to a rehab facility and are enrolled in either an alcohol or drug treatment program. Here, treatment mainly consists of traditional talk therapy where you discuss issues in personal or group therapy.
This form of therapy may not be suitable for everyone as some may be intimidated or feel this approach is too rigid. That’s where non-traditional therapy methods come in either as alternative forms of treatment or to complement traditional therapy.
Addiction Treatment Services in Ohio
Medical drug & alcohol detoxification services in Ohio at Findlay Recovery.
Our residential inpatient rehab program in Ohio is designed to meet your individual needs.
Each client will receive a tailor-made treatment plan that uses a variety of therapies.
Aftercare & Alumni
We help plan every step of your journey from aftercare to alumni events, stay connected.
Popular examples of non-traditional therapy include
- Meditation. Addiction often disconnects you from your body and reality. The purpose of meditation in addiction treatment is to help you remain grounded in the present while reconnecting with yourself. This can help you learn to identify your triggers, manage stress, make better decisions, and improve your overall health.
- Yoga. Like meditation, yoga can help you focus on the present. The body movement associated with yoga offers both mental and physical health benefits by helping you slow down, let go of stress and tension, and create balance in your life.
- Art and Music therapy. Music or art therapy are forms of experiential therapy that allow you to express your emotions. Creating music or art is a relaxing process that can feel almost therapeutic. Losing yourself in music or art is a great way for you to explore and express what’s going on in your inner world. This release can be therapeutic and can lead o a breakthrough in the treatment process.
- Equine therapy. Equine-assisted therapy is rapidly growing in popularity, especially among those who find traditional forms of therapy too intimidating. You don’t need to know how to ride a horse as all the work can be done on the ground. This includes grooming or leading the horse. Your relationship with the horse will often mirror those in the real world and this can allow you to identify, explore and change patterns that contribute to your addiction.
- Adventure therapy. This is ideal for those who prefer a more active lifestyle. The most common activities in adventure therapy include camping, hiking, and rope courses among others. This therapy gives you the chance to learn how you react to stressful situations as well as helps you learn new skills that can come in handy in your life.
Our 5-Star Reviews
I would recommend this recovery center to my family and to all my loved ones. All the staff here is excellent. You could tell that the staff truly cared about each client that walked through the door here. They took the time to listen to you and to understand you. They were always there to help you in whatever way they could. Listening to the staff tell their stories of their own recovery helped me with my recovery. I can’t say enough positive things about this center. Please don’t hesitate to call them.
This place is amazing! The facility is immaculate, and the rooms are huge like a large hotel room with a TV and showers in each room. The staff is so wonderful, understanding, and very compassionate. They are always there to help you in any way they can. If you are looking for a detox/residential facility, look no further! Give them a call and start your path to recovery out RIGHT by attending the program at Findlay Recovery Center today!
Great facility I highly recommend. Great staff all around who really care for you. Excellent food and small groups that are all supportive of each other's recovery. Loved my time here!
My experience at Findlay was absolutely AMAZING! All of the staff, nurses, Doctors, and patients were amazing. I will always keep Findlay close to my heart and I'm internally grateful for everything they have done for me. Not to mention the food is BOMB for every meal. I 100% recommend this facility to anyone seeking help!
My stay at FRC was more than i could imagine. my detox process was very well maintained by the staff. the staff was more than helpful, the other clients were very helpful and gave a lot of support as well as the staff gave tremendous support.
I've been to 3 treatment centers, and I was scared going to my third one here at Findlay but I was finally ready to get clean and stay clean. Findlay made me comfortable, especially during detox, and gave me the push I wasn't going to give myself. The groups made a huge impact on my recovery and the information I have learned will stick with me forever. At Findlay, every single other person here starting their journey with me I connected with and never felt alone.
WE CAN HELP
Get The Help You Need
With the right help, everyone can recover from addiction. At Findlay Recovery Center in Ohio, we strive to bring affordable treatment to those battling addiction. If you, or your loved one, are struggling with addiction, call us today. We’re ready to help.
GETTING HELP FOR ADDICTION HAS NEVER BEEN SO EASY